21 July 2007

Best Running Playlist Ever!

What's on my iPod when I run:

  1. Wish You Were Here-Incubus
  2. Dig-Incubus
  3. Going to California-Fuel
  4. Hemmorage-Fuel
  5. War Pigs-Black Sabbath
  6. Alive-Pearl Jam
  7. Black-Pearl Jam
  8. Even Flow-Pearl Jam
  9. Yellow Ledbetter-Peal Jam
  10. Best of You-Foo Fighters
  11. Learn to Fly-Foo Fighters
  12. Hunger Strike-Temple of the Dog
  13. Heart Shaped Box-Nirvana
  14. Breath-Breaking Benjamin
  15. Israel's Son-Silverchair
  16. She Talks to Angels-The Black Crowes
  17. TNT-AC/DC
  18. Animal-Def Leppard

The grunge/rock genre is just the kind of music to push you through when you are approaching the end of long milage runs. Lyrics such as, "Hate is what I feel for you. And I want you to know that I want you dead," is just what I need to help me stay focused on what I'm doing. You see, I hate running. I do it not for the joy, or for the exercise. I do it to say that I can run blasted long distances. I'm training for this marathon just to say that at one time in my life I ran a marathon. I wouldn't suggest running a marathon to anyone. It's excruciating. It hurts. My body tells me to stop every step of the way. But I do it just to say that I can.

No comments: