Here's some random thoughts that have gone through my head today. In no particular order.
- I had some amazing sweet potatoes at a restaurant a few weeks ago, and have tried to re-create it a few times since. I have failed every time. So now I feel like I need to write to Bon Appetite magazine, again, to either have them call the restaurant to get the recipe, or implore them to publish a similar one in their magazine. Not that any of my letters ever gets published, but at least I did something in the direction of getting what I want. It just makes me feel better.
- I wish everything was settled by playing bloody-knuckles. It's such an effective deciding factor. When I'm married, I want decisions made by whoever wins a bloody-knuckle showdown.
- Do lightsabers cauterize the wound as it slices through? Is that why there isn't alot of blood amidst all that killing?
- I get the biggest kick out of the various names there are out there for testicles. If you heard any creative names for them, could you please pass them along? It really brightens my day.
- Orange is by far the superior flavor in any artificial fruit product. Including, but not limited to, Gatorade, Popsicles, Otter Pops, gummi bears, Skittles, sherbet, etc...
- My dad is a real treat. Probably the best guy alive. See Exhibit A below. Now that it's the holiday season, he decorates his Snap-On Tools truck, puts on a Santa Hat and calls himself Santa Chrome. I can smile for days just thinking about it.
- I've observed that most people have one very efficient sneeze. I sneeze at least five times to get the same job done. I'm a bit jealous of you one sneeze sneezers.
- I HATE talking animal movies. I can tolerate the ones where you just hear their internal thoughts, but if you try to get me to watch one where the animals actually move their mouths to the words, I will punch you. And it's even worse when humans can actually understand the animals. It's not okay.
- Snap-On socks are the most comfortable socks in the world. Not the kind that actually snap onto your feet (if there is such a kind), but the one distributed by The Snap-On Tools company. The toes are highly reinforced, and there is extra cushion on the soles that really make a significant difference in the comfort factor. Hit your local Snap-On dealer up for a pair. It'll be worth it.
- I've been overwhelmed by the display of kindness that some have shown me during this period of awful illness. My brother and his wife, Stefan and Ashley, have taken me food on more than one occasion. They have also supplied me with books and movies, and a daily check-up call. Tasha, my wonderfully caring co-worker, has called or textd me most days, brought movies over, and enlisted her dad and brother to come to my house and give me a blessing. She also came over to just chill and share some frustrations/embarrassing moments about The Boss. It was refreshingly nice to know that I'm not the only one that sometimes wants to strangle him.
- I've discovered a surprisingly tasteful new show on ABC. It's called Pushing Daisies. Watch it. A friend of mine told me about it and said that he thought that it would be something that would tickle my fancy. He was right. I found it online during my never ending days in quarantine this past week.
- I haven't worn make-up or done my hair the past week. It's kind of nice being fresh-faced and natural. And I don't think that I look half-bad. Nice.
- I wonder sometimes what I come across like to other people.
- My shower never seems clean to me. No matter how hard I scrub, there is always that moldy stuff there in the tiles. Aack! It's like showering in a petri dish.
- I think my brothers are so handsome. I dare you to disagree with me. It's hard not to feel like an ugly duckling among such stunning specimens.
- I'm having a hard time with this sickness. I'm so bored. I hate being so limited in what I can do. I hate that I haven't trained this whole week. I hate that I haven't worked. I hate that I've barely been out of the house. Someone come rescue me!!