08 July 2009

Holy Hot Dang - Kyle Edition

So this is my kick ass friend, Kyle (Absolute teammate).
The above picture was taken at the Ironman competition in Japan that he recently finished. Is that not the coolest thing?! This was the 2nd Ironman that he's done this year. What a rock star. I'm convinced that he's superhuman. He did 14 hours of exercise! Gah! I'm so proud of him and am inspired by his discipline and dedication to his endeavors. He talked to me for a while last night after jujitsu and he got the wheels turning in my head about maybe doing Ironman South Africa with him which would be 2 years away. Hmmm.

Seriously, I train with the coolest people and the most exceptional athletes. And they all work so well with me. I've been going to MMA team training and most of them have had MMA fights and could most likely take me out instantly if they wanted to. But they don't. Kyle, for instance, always pairs up with me first when we're there together, and will stay at a level where I'm learning and being challenged without ever making me feel bad that I'm not at the level that everyone else is at. I trained some with Superbody (Greg C.) last week and afterwards he said that training with me was good because he got to work out some technical aspects of his fighting rather than try it when some of the others who have lightning quick hands and the strength of the Hulk are facing him. Camrann always makes me feel like an important part of the team. And Rob seems really invested in my success and really pushes me. He's been killing me in jujitsu lately. Killing me! Cannot move or breathe or cry out for help or anything. It's awesome! He knows just how to prepare me for the tournaments. I just love my team. All of them.

Read about Kyle's Ironman here at his training blog, and feel free to offer congratulations if you feel so inclined.

4 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

I just feel cool because I know you. :)

Janet said...

You should totally do an iron man!!!! You would rule. oh, and thank you for the picture...yum.

Keith C said...

Absolute is a unique gym, I have slacked off training my self since visiting as my own gym lacks the atmosphere of absolute, we had it at one point but have since moved to a more aggressive style...

Later
(Kyles fatter twin)

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Mollie. I am wondering about your training at Absolute. I recently moved to Bluffdale and looking for a gym. If I can talk to you about Absolute, please email me at mollieryan@yahoo.com or my number is 801-604-7111.