09 August 2009

Nothing Injured Except My Pride

The other night I went for a late night run in the Cardio Theater at Gold's Gym. The movie that was playing was Australia with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I've never seen it before and was quite entertained by it. I was nearing the end of my 6 miles so I was kinda tired and my feet started dragging a bit and the part came where Nicole Kidman's character, experiencing her first day in The Outback, was admiring the hopping kangaroo that were running along side the car that she was riding in. She's in love with the spectacle when suddenly you hear a gunshot and the kangaroo crumples while Nicole's face distorts with horror. It scared me so bad that I went flying off the back of the treadmill and ended up in a heap on the floor. I cannot remember the last time that I've been that embarrassed. There was only 2 other people in the room and once they saw I was ok, they started laughing so hard. Then I started laughing uncontrollably and we all had to pause our workouts and regroup. They said that they were startled too and probably would have had the same fate as me if they were on one of the treadmills and not the elliptical machines. We laughed some more and got back on our machines. I set out to finish my last mile and not 2 minutes later there was Hugh Jackman with his shirt off, pouring a bucket of water sexily over his perfecty tan and chiseled body. I bit my knuckles and then slipped in a puddle of my own drool, which once again sent me flying off the back off the machine. Fine, what really happened is that I athletically hopped onto the runners on the side of the treadmill and intently watched the scene so as to avoid any incident, which very well could have included saliva induced slippage. Oh man, Hugh Jackman is one incredibly hot specimen. I FINALLY saw Wolverine and was blown away. I love that kind of action adventure and amazing hotness that the movie displayed. The only thing that could've made it better would have been more of Ryan Reynold's character, Deadpool, in the movie. Yes, he did it for me.

Anyway, about a half hour after I finished my workout I found out that some friends were registered to do the Sandy City Midnight Moon 5K Run. I decided to join them and had a blast running 3 more miles in the crisp night air while donning glowstick bracelets and necklaces. The first mile was entirely uphill and I was sure that I was it was going to kill me, since I had just ran 6 miles and biked 12 miles in the hour previous to this race, but it didn't and the rest of the run was a very moderate course. I feel so lucky to have so many fun friends and a ton of opportunities to involve myself in plenty of different activities. I'm determined to stay active my entire existence and retain my fascination for life and learning.

5 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Oh my, I had to read that out loud to Justin. I am sorry you were embarrassed. But dang that is funny.

And I am just tired thinking about all that running and biking. (as we sit here enjoying a chocolate shake.)

Natalie said...

My what an incredible story. And speaking of incredible... what an incredibly fortunate candid shot someone magically captured of all of you dozing off at once. You must have been so wasted. But that's what happens when you're a lush.

a platinum blonde smokin hot sexy as hell gorgeous lush, to be specific.

Anonymous said...

Ok wayyyyyy to funny.... I wish I coulda seen that wipe out... golly gee wilikers wall-e... boo. I think I would have stayed on the floor the rest of the movie and pretended to be a corpse. You are hell of funny... good laugh for me today. THX <3 Tiff

The Picketts said...

Ok - same thing happened to my friend the other day - only is that she was gossiping, so she deserved it. ha ha ha. I'm seriously chuckling over here from that story. I'm glad you're ok!
AND Hugh Jackman...can we say YUM?! And if you would like some more eye candy from Ryan Reynolds - go see The Proposal. He's a hottie too!

Karri said...

Hey VTS!!! That story is about as good as the one with you jumping off the bed and landing on the basketball, or sexily throwing yourself onto a half inflated air mattress.. ;)

You are adorable! I love you to pieces! I also wish Ryan Reynolds would have been in the movie more.. he is a total cutie! Never satisfied huh? Here we have Hugh Jackman and Liev Shreiber all hot and sexy and all we do is wish we had more... haha