07 January 2009

Gerald McBoing Boing

I was introduced to this cartoon by someone who had a Gerald McBoing Boing tattoo. I'm a big fan of Mr. McBoing Boing. And I'm pretty sure that it's the greatest last name ever. If I were to marry, I would want that last name. Or McCool. Or McQueen. Obviously it's got to be a Mc something.


On a somewhat related note, I have to ask why all boys are naturally gifted with the talent of making sound effects? I grew up with all brothers and they were amazing at imitating a huge explosion or the sound of a machine gun. I always tried to join in but my machine gun noise (no matter how long I practiced privately in the confines of my room) was more like just saying rat-ta-tat-tat. I'm ashamed. I think there is a sound effect gene that is only found on the Y chromosome.