13 October 2007

More on Building Bombs

OK, I know that you guys are sick of hearing about this the martial arts gym, but it's so incredible! That's all that's been on my mind lately. I feel so awesome. I was there for over three hours today. I've been learning so much. And actually retaining it! I've been trying to go most days. I missed Friday because I pulled a muscle in my leg the day before. My inner thigh was killing! But the pain is worth it. I was practicing Jiu-Jitsu on a pretty large guy. He just wanted me to go for it. I think I hurt myself way more than I hurt him. My main focus was to make sure that I kept him under me the whole time. I was taught some arm bars, a move called the Camorah, defense to your guard, and had alot of practice trying to get out from underneath someone. It was unreal. The Thai Boxing is also going very well. I'm improving everyday. I feel stronger and quicker in my movements. I'm having a hard time kicking correctly. I'm too heavy on my feet and can't get the pivot right. I anchor my foot too much. It's really frustrating me. I think MMA is a seriously misunderstood sport. There is so much skill and dedication involved in being as good these serious fighters get. I see the the big time fighters in the gym everyday. They get there before I do and leave only when the gym closes. The other thing that impresses me about these guys is that even though they don't look like the kind of people that you'd normally see me buddies with, they're so respectful and kind. They are encouraging and really want to help me improve. They don't mind pairing up with me. They know that I try my absolute hardest and am very focused. They respect that. They want to see me reach my goals. Knowing that helps me work harder. I'm just wondering if my body will ever feel normal again. I'm constantly sore! I have bruises everywhere. I have major mat burn on my knees that don't seem to heal. I keep having to remind myself that it's all for the cause. Six pack by Christmas!