16 December 2007

What's Better Than This?!

Friday night I was rolling with Camrann. I was getting all frustrated because I couldn't do anything to him. Everything I tried wasn't getting me anywhere. Not like that's abnormal or anything. So he had me put on some gloves and let me strike as well as grapple. It's so different from just doing jujitsu or thai boxing. It's so much harder. And I wasn't even getting hit back. Maybe some open handed shots to the face because my defense wasn't up, but that's all. I had the greatest time. Kyle then let me have a try on him. My mom needs a picture of me for the family Christmas card. We thought one of these might do.

In Kyle's guard. I learned a new guard pass last week that I wanted to try, but I think he saw it coming. These guys always do.

The Omo plata submission. Don't get yourself in this position. It KILLS. Trust me.

This is a most advantageous position to be in. Somehow I did something right.
Kyle getting the sweep. Argh.

I spend alot of time on the bottom.

I should have Kyle in my guard. What was I doing just lying there like that?



I get swept much more than is acceptable. Wait, it's never acceptable! I've got to work on that.


Finishing the fight. Just kidding. We totally posed for this one.

I went to the UCE Sub For Santa Grappling Tournament on Saturday morning just to watch. I was thinking about entering. I'm glad that I didn't. I would've got my arms ripped off in 0.7 seconds. Some guys from Absolute were entered. They did a great job. The fianal two in the absolute division were guys train at Absolute with each other, Cort and Steve. Cort won with points in the end. I had a great time watching. These guys are very talented. I want to be like that someday. More mat time for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like me some bad @$$ mamma jamma! send the one at the bottom. First impressions and all...

Anonymous said...

9 days left of that assignment
Ufc.com>schedule>events>ufc80-something december 29
Camrann

Anonymous said...

9 days left of that assignment
Ufc.com>schedule>events>ufc80-something december 29
Camrann

Natalie said...

I'll tell you what's better than this: a new post. Come on, I know you left town for the holidays, and I KNOW you took pictures of your adorable neices and nephews! Give up the goods sista! I've been checking your blog daily for an update on your trip. Pretty please with cherries on top?

Love ya! I'll be waiting.

Anonymous said...

Wow its been a long time since you've written anything at this point.
-Camrann