26 April 2009

More Randomness? Yes, Please.

  • Last night, in my dreams, I was repeatedly stabbed in the back as well as had a steel rod rammed through me. When I woke up I realized that a jumbo feather from my down comforter was lodged in my T-shirt, right in the middle of my back.
  • Thursday night, on the way home from the gym, I was stopped at light as I was approaching State street. I looked to my left and there was a naked man running down the street about a half a block away. As hilarious as that is, it isn't the interesting part of the story. Wait for it. A couple of cop cars were headed that direction and so those of us at the intersection weren't able to move ahead even though the light was green. Across the intersection, in the left turn lane, there was a guy in a truck behind the lead car (who was waiting for the cops to pass through) who was honking his horn and yelling out the window for the car in front of him to move. The guy in the lead car gets out of his vehicle and is telling the guy in the truck to get out and fight him. Let's not disregard the exorbitant amount of expletives used in this exchange. The cops were through the intersection by this time and the light had turned green again. Luckily there was no one behind me and I just sat through the green light again watching this. Nothing beats this sort of entertainment. The guy has no luck in getting the other guy to get out of his truck, so he proceeds to CLIMB ON THE HOOD AND PUNCH AT THE WINDSHIELD! The guy in the truck is screaming his head off at the other guy, so loud that I could hear it from across the road. Cars were approaching behind me at this point and felt it necessary to pull forward so I didn't get to see whether or not the one guy actually broke through the windshield. In any case, it was awesome!
  • Do you guys read Seriously, So Blessed? So you know how she shamelessly talks about her amazingly awesome life? So shamelessly that you sometimes throw up in your mouth a little bit? Well, I feel like word vomit is bubbling up about how cool my super fantastic life is. I feel that way because I finally found out how to be happy. No circumstance in my life has drastically changed to make me happy. I'm thinking that the secret to my success in this is that I finally took a good long look at my faults and listened to what others had to say about my weaknesses. When I was really honest with myself I realized that I actually am stubborn, argumentative, unnecessarily emotional, constantly seeking approval, and really insecure. And not to say that I’m not any of those things anymore, I’m just saying that I’ve been vigilant about working on them. Working on changing these things while accepting that I'm not a terrible and unlovable person for displaying these qualities and knowing that I will overcome them, has made me a more confident and happy person. Cool, huh?
  • I have an exercise ball that I use to practice core stability for jujitsu. I kneel on it and balance for a while. Then I transition to cross-body, to knee on belly, to mount...you get the idea. So what happens when I get mildly proficient at something is that I suddenly think that I'm a pro and go for it like it's the World Championships. It's embarrassing. I was feeling really comfortable and working all sorts of positions when the ball slips massively out from under me and throws me into my bookcase. It hurt so badly. I don't have words for the pain. I now have all these scratches and rug burns on my jawline, chin and neck.
  • It's getting harder and harder to go to church by myself. Anyone have any advice on that?
  • I'm taking a new multivitamin that is turning my pee the most fierce shade of yellow I have ever seen. I'm drinking something like 6 liters of water a day and even that won't dilute the color. It's craziness I tell you. The cleaner that is used to clean the toilets at work is orange and I secretly enjoy when I'm the first one to use the restroom after the janitors are done. The combination of the violent yellow and the orange makes the prettiest pink color ever! And I would want to paint a young girls room that color and call it multivitamin-cleaner-pee-pink. TMI? I apologize. I won't do it again. I take it back...I can't promise that at all.
  • I have forgotten how to date. It's true! A couple of friends have recently commented that it seemed like I dated alot when they first met me and now they hardly hear of any exploits. I think that my last date was last summer. Tragic! The funny thing is that last Fall I decided that I didn't want to date anymore because I wanted to focus on making some changes. So I didn't put myself out there at all. Now that I feel that I've improved upon myself and am ready to get back in the dating scene, I just don't know how to do it. Seriously! This is no joking matter! I've lost my touch. And it also just goes to show that if you want to date, you will. And if you don't want to date, you won't. I wonder if I got too comfortable with the idea of being single. It's really not a bad place to be. But I do know that I have too much love to give and too much of a desire to nurture and use my talents to be single forever.
  • I think there was something else that I want to say, but I can't for the life of me think of what it is. Hmmmm. Maybe later.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I just breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that you finally left me a comment link to happily utilize!

I love this post. I always appreciate a nice random spewing. It's what I live for. Girl - go out there and work it! It's time to get back into the dating scene for sure. Start with a little harmless flirting. Compliments, teasing, you know. Then you'll unlock that vault of she-knowledge locked up inside you. YOu just gotta get back in the saddle.

Jen said...

... And .... AND we actually get to comment on the random thoughts of awesomeness this time!??!?! HI-LARIOUS - seriously.. I was thinking about the vitamins and wanted to recommend 'Phenal Blue' (spelling?) -- Maybe you could at least get green instead of the intense yellow?

Loved the thoughts!

Miyo Strong @ Busath said...

as always Miss VTS, a pleasure to read.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Sometimes going to church with a family isn't any easyer. Especially with young kids that you have to get ready and keep quiet. Yesterday was no exception.

And I agree with the pp about dating. Just put yourself out there, and as Jenny and I can both attest to, don't turn down blind dates and letting others set you up. They DO work out sometimes.

Tiffany said...

You are a rockstar and I love your posts! I can't wait to see your paint color someday in your little girl's nursery!

The Picketts said...

You never cease to amaze me, my friend! You rock like no one else rocks! It's always fun to catch a little glimpse into your life and see what you've been up to - and what better way than a random post!?
When you talked about being thrown into your bookshelf - yeah...I remember when I was at school and I had my bed up on cinderblocks so I could have extra storage under my bed...I had to use a little bench to hop up on my bed. I didn't put my foot in the center of that bench and it flipped and I landed ON the bench, hitting my head on the window sill as well as hitting other body parts. It hurt so bad I wanted to PUKE! BUT - It's actually quite funny to think about how STUPID I was!
Love you tons - and you need to come visit me so you can work on that pasty white-ness that you claim to have!

DeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing all this. It just made me smile. But the one thing I really really hope that is taking stock of your weak areas, you also honestly took stock in all strengths you have and what a blessing you are to others.

I don't know what to tell you about dating -- I'm so not an expert.

Tiffany said...

Kk Ness.... you are my idol and not just my only MMA AMERICAN BLONDE HOT TALL WATER DRINKING YELLOW/ORANGE/PINK PEEING BLOGGIN RANDOM-ness fav person in this whole world.... k seriously i love you... and if I weren't married and if you weren't LDS and if I was gay even though I have a gaydar and am not gay... I would so GO gay for you... cuz we would laugh our silly butts off forever and ever. Ok im done and i hope i built up your perfect-NESS is that possible???!!! Gah come visit soon! HUGS~

Shannon said...

Reading this made me remember why I loved being your comp so much- because you made me laugh til I hurt and til I made pink pee, oh wait that's you! I would love to see that color. You're still you. I LOVE THAT! Guess where I went last week-Nauvoo-ya jealous?

Shanna said...

You are fanatastic. Period.