18 August 2008

To The Ends of The World And Back

Hello readership! It's nice to know that I was missed. Your pleading texts, emails, and comments made me feel like I was really making a difference in your lives with this blog. I knew it would come to that. I just needed to persist.

So no, the neck fungus did not spread over my whole body until I became one massive, walking fungal infection and the inspiration for the nemesis in the next Spiderman movie. In fact, there is no trace of the nasty fungus whatsoever. The soon-to-be Dr. Dayton recommended some Vagisil. I, uh, didn't take his advice. I went with Lamisil instead.

What did happen is that I had a galactic encounter with some Storm Troopers (see evidence below) and they held me in detention block #2187 until Han and Luke came and rescued me. Man, it was intense. Especially the part where Han had to lie his can off about the "weapons malfunction" and the "reactor leak." I knew that those Imperial Guards wouldn't buy it, but he went ahead with it anyway. That's so Han. You can't reason with him.

Fine, so the Storm Trooper story wasn't real, even though I have lived it out in my fantasy so many times that it does seem pretty legit. What really happened is that I went and saw Tropic Thunder on Friday night and imagine my excitement when I walked up to the theater and saw an array of Storm Troopers, Anakin, and even Darth Vader just hanging out! I felt like a little kid that found out that they won the Toys 'R Us Sweepstakes. (Remember that contest where you would have 5 minutes to run around the store and get anything that you want? My brothers and I had our routes mapped out for optimal loot grabbing efficiency in case we ever won. We didn't.) I really, REALLY wanted to have my picture taken with Darth but I was with some people from work that I never have hung out with before (the popular crowd) and didn't want them to think that I was the biggest dork in all of Salt Lake County. But I regret it now because I'm sure that they are going to figure that out eventually so why not get it out of the way immediately. Man, I'm totally mad at myself about that. Talk about leaving something on the table! ARGH.

No, I didn't go into horrible depression after the whole awful birthday fiasco (as some have wondered because of my blogging hiatus). My sanity was recovered with a wicked awesome BBQ at Blake's house the week after. The view from Blake's new house is unreal! Too bad he didn't have this place we were hanging out everyday back in college. It's pretty much the sweetest bachelor pad in the whole bachelor kingdom.

So all you single lady lurkers out there...Blake is an attractive, smart, successful 34 year old with an incredible house that includes an incredible view. And he has a puppy! Do you like what you see here...

He's a winner. Bit of a smart-ass, but a winner.

You're welcome for the plug, Blake.

Jessi, Shanna, and Katie...I love this picture because you look like little celestial angels in white and then there is a looming devil in the center, wearing her telestial shirt. You all shine with the glory of the sun. Very nice. I do take comfort in the knowing that I do not look like I should be holding a cake with the number 30 on it. No way, man.

Hmm, there should be a few more blondes in that picture though.

Anyway, thanks Blake and Shanna for putting together that fantastic BBQ! It was nice to have a bunch of us together again. That doesn't happen frequently enough.

So the real reason for the lack of blogging is that I just wanted to take a break from the internet for a while. That's all. But I'm back...in black.

Oh yeah, and I totally rocked the side ponytail today! Who doesn't wanna be me?!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sly Vixen have no business wearing white anyway... [Happy Belated] Birthday -- Did It go out with a Bang?
also: Why does Blake need a woman--?

Jenny said...

I totally remember the Toys'R'Us Sweepstakes - I think EVERY kid had an idea of what they would be putting in their carts - I just KNEW I could get the fullest cart EVER and I would have picked tons of electronic stuff!! ... sigh... Maybe we should go do it anyways, we just won't buy anything at the end... What do you think?

Brenna said...

I forgive you for being gone. I think that the relationship I have with the internet would be considered a serious addiction. Maybe I should take a break... That view from Blake's house is incredible! And I can't stop looking at that picture of you blondes. I can't understand how four unrelated people can have the EXACT same color of hair and skin. Or at least that's how it looks in the picture.

Brenna said...

Oh, and I ran across this little post that made me think of you and Super. Whether they're serious or not, it's hilarious

http://animalreview.wordpress.com/2008/06/16/goldfish/

VTS said...

Jenny-I bet my 9 year old self would totally put to shame what your 9 year old self puts in that basket in 5 minutes. I was just that prepared.
I LOVE that you had a game plan too. Hilarious.

Brenna-we planned it that way. The other three wanted to look exactly like me and therefore had a skin pigmentation procedure done that was similar to what Michael Jackon did and then they went to my stylist and requested "The Vanessa." I heard that Reese Witherspoon and Giselle Bundchen had also recently requested "The Vanessa." I hope this doesn't infect the whole nation. Could be an epidemic.

Natalie said...

Ah, the birthday madness. I hope Shanna passed along my LAME excuse for missing the big BBQ... That being that my dear ole dad bought Rhett and I tickets to Brian Reagan live for OUR b-days. So much celebrating on that day, but I shed a single tear to have missed it. Also, I knew you meant me when you referred to the blondes missing in the picture. And if you didn't, please don't correct me, let me wallow in it.

HAPPY GOSH DARN THIRTIETH BIRTHDAY.

And I gosh darn love ya.

VTS said...

Oh course it was you, Nat! But I totally understand why you weren't there. Brian Reagan is one funny dude. I'd ditch my own party to see him.