10 September 2008

It's Fight Time Again

The Throwdown ETC is putting on another fight night that takes place at the McKay Events Center on Friday, September 26th at 6:00. Check out the AWESOME fight card here. Contact me if you want to go. I can get tickets at Absolute, which would benefit the fighters that we have in the show.

My pal Camrann, is fighting for the Featherweight title against Steve Siler. I would compare this fight to an Ewok fighting a AT-ST (all terrain scout transport) in the Battle of Endor. The man is mostly machine. I love his picture on the poster above. He's directly to the left of the man in the bottom center. Don't mess.

I made my first real bet the other day. One of the guys I work with used to wrestle and knows Steve "Razor" Sharp's opponent, Rad Martinez, fairly well. They are fighting each other for the Lightweight title. The guy at work was talking real big about how Steve was going to get destroyed. I'm so confident that Steve will take the win that I put $50 down on it! He doesn't know Steve like I do. Sucker.

Ben Fu and Pat Baker are also guys I know that are in the show. I haven't seen them train at Absolute in a while though. I don't know if I would feel confident stepping in the ring without training furiously beforehand. Just saying.

Johnny Miller, Ben's younger bro is once again in this show. He was on the card last time but circumstances were such that he didn't fight. Check out the link I posted to the fight card. The lighting in the pic makes him look like he's got a severe case of jaundice. I'm not calling him yellow though. He may only be 135 lbs, but could probably hand my can to me if it ever came to that.

So if you're looking for something to do next Friday night, look no further. You should come to the fights.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ok since you almost took me in a choke hold.....and all 5'1.5" of me made it through.....I SO WANT 2 TICKETS (one for me and the hubby) and I WILL so get a sitter for the children. Plus it would be priceless to see you cheering for your peoplez!!! HUGS-

TIFFER