02 September 2008

Reject

I did it. I put my heart out on the line. What I meant to say to him was, "I'm interested in you and want to know if you feel the same way because you act like you really care about me and it makes me confused." And it came out as, "I don't really want to be friends with you anymore because I know that you will ultimately reject me and I'll hate that you will still flirt with me making the pain of the rejection last forever." And the reaction I wanted was, "Alex, I adore you and will validate your feelings on this matter with sensitivity and an open mind." Instead I got, "Alex, you're being weird so let's just go home and sleep on it and see if you change your mind tomorrow." And after the conversation I was hoping that I would feel better about the situation because I communicated brilliantly and instead I walked away feeling, you know...retarded. I really need to hire someone to stand by my side and punch me in the face whenever I'm about to do anything really stupid. I might have more success in life that way.

But then I went to Absolute where all the guys in there make me feel like an intelligent and sassy supermodel. I'm not joking about that.

5 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

you ARE a supermodel.

Ohhh alex, why oh why CAN'T boys READ our MINDS!?!?!?

I think what made things work with Bran is I was CLEAR about my feelings for him, and I had gotten to the point (After an unclear fiasco prior-relationship) where I just got sick of doing the dating "games" thing and just put everything on the line with Bran: the odds were: either he would reciprocate, or I would continue to be my happily single self. At least taking risks leads us in progression, eh? I AM proud of you! :) and if he doesn't think you ARE a supermodel - let me chat with him (I'll bring along my baseball bat....)

Brenna said...

I hate it when you TOTALLY wish you could just rewind a couple of minutes, but you can't! Aargh!! I'm glad you have the guys at Absolute. You are a sassy and intelligent supermodel and I'm glad that there are people out there who recognize that!

Shanna said...

Vaness! I know how you feel...so much so it's weird. Last night I started thinking about making a post about rejection. Seriously! You current post hit a little to close to home. We need to talk.

Know that you ARE a supermodel and this guy, this lame BOY, is just that...LAME. The proof is in the fact that he hasn't snatched you up already. I love you (I know it's not the same coming from a girl, but believe it)

The Picketts said...

Oh - my dear friend...you're amazing! Seriously! AND, if he's the "right" one for your cute little self, it wouldn't be awkward! He would have heard EXACTLY what you meant to say instead of getting all weird on ya! TRUST me on this one!

Call me soon! We'll chat it out. Miss you tons!