16 October 2008

Recipe Time!

I brought some lemon bars to Absolute (just where they belong) tonight and both Cam and Miyo requested the recipe. I will warn you that the caloric content of this is through the damn roof. You perhaps will purge the ones you ate after reading this.

LEMON BARS

2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup butter
4 beaten eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Sift together flour and confectioners sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Press into a 13x9" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned. Beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes longer. Cool. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

4 comments:

The Picketts said...

Honestly, who doesn't LOVE a good Lemon Bar? My only regret - I wasn't there to enjoy them with you. (Although, I made my own cafe rio-like salad that was pretty good, if I do say so myself!)

The Picketts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miyo Strong @ Busath said...

What's up VTS!!! Thanks so much for the lemon bar madness! They were seriously worth every calorie!
See you Tuesday, maybe?:)

ABSOLUTE MMA said...

Honestly, next time bring enough to share because Cam ate them entirely!! Or... at least make a super secret stash that you can leave outside and I can search for them like easter eggs. :)

-ROB