16 October 2008

Watching The Red Sox Is Like Indulging In Crack

Cheering on the Red Sox is going to be the death of me. I've never experienced such fluctuations in my heart rate as I did tonight watching game 5 of the ALCS.

Let me break it down for you:

Red Sox are behind in the series 1-3. Tampa Bay only needs to win this game to get into the World Series. It's tied 7-7 in the bottom of the ninth. Two outs and no one on base. Youkalis hits and gets to second. J.D. Drew comes up to bat and ends up with a full count. I'm going to pee my pants at this point. He hits to centerfield and brings Youk home. My heart goes wild! I want to pee my pants in excitement now, rather than in anxiety.

Now I realize that they're not in the clear yet and that they still needs to win two more games, but nothing is impossible for the Sox. They kept it alive. More baseball tomorrow!

No comments: