19 October 2008

Steeped In Fall Fun

I don't do a very good job of utilizing the weekend for recovery from the previous week. But I like it that way. I'd rather be out and doing something than staying at home.

On Friday a few friends from work went with me to the Pumpkin Festival down at Thanksgiving Point. I will recommend it to you. It was a wicked fun time. There were hayrides, a corn maze, a pumpkin princess playland, a balloon animal maker, a tower of pumpkins, a hot black guy that we were all drooling over and a pig wrangler. I was under orders from Kyle to give my number to two different dudes this weekend and I thought of flirting with the pig wrangler but then chickened out. I was intimidated by a pig wrangler! What the...! He was very cute and good with children. And I bet that we all can agree that a man who is good with children is massivly attractive.

Get ready for a slew of pictures.

Jessica, Adrianne, Ashley and I entered by way of the adult maze, which I gather is more elaborate and takes superior navigational skills to maneuver around.

We wandered around the maze for about an hour and started patting each other on the back for a job well done as we approached the exit. We walked through, turned around and saw that we had exited the entrance to the kiddie maze. I do not take responsibility for that. I was voted out as the leader only 10 minutes into the whole endeavor for trailblazing my own path. What they didn't realize is that I'm part bloodhound. This wouldn't have happened under my direction.


Ashley is sporting the incredible balloon hat that was made especially for me. This is an original. The balloon animal maker said that he had visions of making this hat but never made it a reality. And then I came along and inspired him. I was getting some pretty intense stares as I walked around the rest of the festival with this amazing couture piece. I took it apart the next day so as to try my hand at balloon bending. I ended up with 4 popped balloons out of the 5 original balloons. I don't think that I'll be moonlighting at birthday parties anytime soon.

The tower o' pumpkins. It was very impressive. It was even more impressive when we thought they were real. They were plastic. Sorry to ruin in for you too.


After we arrived back home I got call from Camrann and Ben saying that they were going to the Nickelcade. I met them there and spend over an hour on this fantastic Star Wars game. I'm not as good of a Jedi as I thought I was. I had the spend about $2 in nickles to keep myself alive in order to complete all the missions. And sadly, I must admit that I was defeated by Darth Vader. I also did not deposit the missiles into the main reactor and the Death Star was not destroyed. But looking on the bright side, I was not swayed by all my failures to joining up with the dark side.

And if you ever wondered what 700 tickets can get you, wonder no more.

It can get you a pirate flag.
That you can wear as a cape.
And pretend that you're something awesome!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

niice -- I have been hearing TONS about the pumpkins at Thanksgiving point and now I know they are worth the drive! --So: what are your plans this weekend ?--

Smart Bomb said...

V-

I like your field of study... I attended NYU myself. That is "NIEL Young University" to hell with BYU!

I could not agree more with you movie list of favs. I liked "Royal Tennanbaums" a little more than Life Aquatic.

I see Cam on your blog. I just Joined Absolute and Cam has been good to work with.

Long live the fighters!

Smart Bomb said...

V-

Me again... Thanks for posting on my blog as well. I noticed that Master and Commander was one of your favorite books. I am currently reading the first book in the series... I have only been on one sea voyage, but Sailing is fascinating to me. I loved the movie based on Master and commander... Russel Crow is a stud. I want to read all 13 books at some point... Have you read them all?

Natalie said...

VanAss, hello my friend. Just did another grand catch-up on your blog. SO delightful. Sorry I didn't enter to win the SnapOn Socks. I will regret it to my dying day. And I definitely don't like this Brenna person whom fate smiles upon. And I was making new pumpkin carving goals as I admired the pumpkin tower, but all admiration ceased once I learned they were plastic. Now I am satisfied with my current level of carviology.

Natalie said...

PS on the giveaway post, did you mean to name it vtS's first giveaway? Vanessa The Scientist. Makes sense. VTD, however, does not. Might I inquire what VTD stands for?
Vanessa the Dancer,
Vanessa the Dreamer,
Vanessa the Dutiful,
Vanessa the Dirrrty,
Vanessa the Dashing,
Vanessa the Darling,
Vanessa the Drunk...

so many options.