29 May 2009

Little Bunny Button Cute Pants!

After a very scary premature delivery, my new nephew, Daniel Niklas, was born. He came this afternoon and was only 3 lbs 2 oz. I don't think that he's in the clear yet, but he's an Alexander, which means he's a total fighter! Doesn't he look so strong and healthy, considering that he came 9 weeks early?
I didn't know that I could feel so much love for someone, until my niece and nephews were introduced to me. I don't think that there's one thing that I wouldn't do for them. I can't hardly wait to be a mom someday. I don't have a romanticized view of marriage and children, so I know that it's going to be really tough and totally unlike what I might prepare for, but I know that I'd be good at it. And looking at the little picture above makes my uterus ache.

I've been spending alot of time lately with these two little pumpkin peanuts:

They are my older brother's kids and my little pals. I don't even get mad when I'm half awake all through the night because plastic farm animals were hidden under my blankets and consequently puncturing my ribs. Is that something that you get used to or even start expecting when you're a mom? Huh?

3 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

What a sweet little guy! Mine were both early as well. Millie was 1 lb 10 oz and was born at 26 weeks and Maddie stayed in a little longer and came out at 35 weeks and was 5 lb 3 oz. Both had a NICU stay 14 weeks and 12 days. It is a rough road, but the little ones born that early sure are fighters and miracles.

If your brother or sister in law need someone to talk to or to ask questions to, feel free to give them my info. I know it really helped me to talk to others who had been there or were going through it too.

And I agree, you will be an amazing mom!

The Picketts said...

Seriously - you'll be THE COOLEST MOM EVER! I just know it! AND - for the record, you never really get used to the "plastic farm animals" in your bed, or the junk on your t-shirt (ALWAYS) because of little hands, or the fact that I haven't showered in a couple days (seriously, I'm SURE no one notices the smell) but I must admit that it's worth EVERY SINGLE SECOND!
I sure hope that little guy pulls through quickly! And you're right - he's an Alexander! A little fighter! Keep us informed on his progress and I'll keep him in my prayers FOR SURE!

Shanna said...

It has been too long since I have explored the depths of you blog Vaness! I have done myself a great diservice! I have missed so much....like the fact that Leisel is practically a teenager, you have a brand new nephew, your short hair (which I know that I saw once, but still). Everything!

I have made a new resolve to peek more often into your cyber-thoughts and perhaps someday soon I'll actually get to talk to you in person :) Do you think that could really happen? I do, in fact, live 56 blocks CLOSER to you now!