28 May 2009

Saftey and Emissions REJECT

Thanks for letting me know in HUGE, fuchsia lettering. I definitely got the message.

What's hilarious about this rejection is that I brought the '92 Volvo in for a safety and emissions test with an exhaust leak in the engine and a broken, rattling catalytic converter, totally expecting to get a failed emissions test. I don't even know why I brought it in like that. I think I was hoping that I could bat a few eyelashes and magically get it passed. When they called my name to get the results, I could see my failure notification from across the room. I went up there and was told that the '92 failed because of a wobbly headlight and streaky windshield wipers. What!?! Awesome.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

and yet they still let the most ridiculous vehicles pass...? I was behind a pickup the other day that smoked black from everywhere EXCEPT the exhaust pipe! (YIKES. Poor lil '92.

The Picketts said...

Ok - this comment is for the "good Talk" post....our stake pres does that!!! I think it's weird! Kinda tacky - ok, a lot tacky. Maybe I should get HIS phone number and text him in the middle of his talk...ha ha hah - that's so funny!

JP said...

wow. the 92 volvo lives to see another year! this story had me laughing so hard. good work, VTS.