18 May 2009

The Q And The A

Natalie said...
and? And?? AND??? what exactly transpired between your lovely hotness and this gentleman with a knack for grocery shopping and lady spotting? A prolonged gaze? A smile? A wink? Actual speaking? Digits? Come now. He doesn't read this blog. But if he does, then he's a creep. And you don't date creeps.
May 13, 2009 10:16 PM


VTS says...
So......................I pull up at Harmon's and this huge, shiny black truck swoops in and snakes the spot that I was going to park in. I'm a tiny bit miffed and just figure that this guy is a big tool and park in another spot. I glanced at his truck as I drive by and see a logo on the back that makes me think that he's a MMA fighter. He lingers in his truck for a little bit and gets out right when I walked by. He said hi to me and then apologized for taking the spot when it was clear that I intended to park there. He said that he just wasn't paying attention. I told him that it was ok and that he's lucky that I wasn't an old lady or a cripple, then he'd really be sorry. He thought that was funny and we joked for a second. I then asked him about the window sticker on his truck. Turns out that it's not associated with fighting at all, and he explained what it meant. And that's about the point where I felt stupid. Not that the conversation was awkward or anything, it's just that I realized that this guy was awesome and charming and handsome and I wanted him to ask me out and I didn't think that he would because I was just coming from a couple hours of training and was pretty sure that a bearded lady would have looked more appealing than I did at that time. And he didn't. So I went into the store and did my shopping and was walking out when I saw that he was coming out of the other exit. He sees me and waves and does this cute hurried jaunt over to where I was. He walks me to my car and compliments me on the "healthiness" of the items that he saw I purchased. He then asks for my number and tells me that he thinks I'm really cool and wants to get to know me better. I gave him my number and told him that I thought the same thing. And he did call. And we went out last weekend. YAY!


The great thing about this situation is that it was so easy. I didn't have to make all the efforts. He just went for it. And I liked it!

The date was good but we really didn't have alot in common. It seemed like we ran out of things to talk about toward the end, which is weird because we all know that I'm a World Champion talker. I can talk to just about anyone. Well, it's too early to tell.


Ok, so I just re-read what I wrote up there and it is majorly LAME! BORING! YAWN INDUCING! And the last thing that I want to do is become one of those bloggers. I've even considered not posting it, but then I figure that I'd have to answer the questions at some point. So, enjoy!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Not boring at all! I was excited to hear the full story. Sorry you ran out of stuff to talk about. Maybe he was too busy staring at you.

Miss you, lady!

Vanessa said...

I liked that story. He could tell that you had a degree in being awesome.

Janet said...

As a married person with three kids, no husband dates for months, and spit up all over her clothes...I loved the story! Thanks for letting me live through you :o)

The Picketts said...

I'm not sure who Janet is - but I agree!!! It was really a great story! I hope he calls you again (has he? any other potential date?) because it sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something fabulous for you!

Alyssa said...

fun story! I didn't know that happened in real life. In fact, just this morning I was musing as I walked to work over whether people actually tried to talk to strangers anymore in real life or if the internet has made that even more scary than it was before . . . or maybe that is just living in NYC. Or just me.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

I agree with Janet too. Not boring at all. Even if it doesn't turn out to be anything. Yay for a date!

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me he was a jerk before you guys hit it off. Wow, my sentence said jerk. . . off. Freudian slip.
Camrann

Miyo Strong @ Busath said...

Dude, it sounds pretty cute! I like that you didn't just let him off the hook about stealing your space, gotta throw in a few sarcastic remarks early on in dating, that's a RULE! ;) you rock! what are you doing for the Machida showdown???

Natalie said...

I'm flattered to have made an appearance on the blog of awesomeness. You have answered my question to a very satisfactory degree, and I appreciate your inclusion of details, as that is what I was asking - - begging - - for. You, my dear, lack the capacity to incite boredom.

Shanna said...

Holy cow! That is the most awesome of awesomest news I've heard in awhile! He got your number in a grocery store parking lot and ACTUALLY called. That happened to me once, but I was at a BBQ and we were already "party friends" (friends that only talk and see each other at parties). He did ask for my number (FINALLY), but he DID NOT and HAS NOT called. It's been about a month...or maybe even longer. Yeah, definitely more than a month ago.

Props to the grocery store truck guy! and to you for winning him over with your sparkling personality and blazing hot bod!