24 November 2008

Stuff...

Lab 101: Do not drop a test tube rack containing 32 cultures of different organisms. Seriously, not a good idea. Clench onto the rack with all the focus and strength that you can muster. Do not turn your head to stare at the eye candy walking further down the hall. Look straight ahead so that you can see the giant rack of media that is right in front of you. If accidental droppage does occur, be aware that you will not only have to talk to the dreaded safety officer, but you will also spend more time than you wanted on writing down the names of the 32 organisms on a spill record form and coming up with reasons on how the accident could have been prevented in the first place.

And now you know.

Today was an interesting day at work. We have some construction going on next to our lab (big expansion project) and the construction crew supposedly hit our main water line causing a big leak. The water was then shut off in the whole lab. It was only 1pm and we were told that we all could leave. I promptly found my awesome friend Ashley and invited myself to her house to play Guitar Hero World Tour. Have you seen the commercial for it? It's awesome. Check this out:



I totally unleash my inner rock star. You don't even know.
Kobe, Tony Hawk, and Phelps in their underwear and wearing pink? Awesome. Not a big fan of A-Rod though. You know why. Stupid Yankee. I actually read Tony Hawk's biography last year and it was surprisingly good. It's called Tony Hawk Occupation: Pro Skater. He has this amazing never quit attitude. He will never give up. That just might be the quality that I admire most in someone.

Anyhoodle, I think that I should never own a gaming system that supports Guitar Hero or Rock Band or anything like that. I would waste unimaginable amounts of time playing it. It is so blasted addicting!

Ashley is my PIC - Partner In Crime. We are two little peas in a pod. She always is game to accompany me in my tomfoolery. A few weeks ago the roof hatch on the east side of the lab was open to air out some fumes due to the remodeling of some offices. I grabbed Ashley and told her that we were going on a secret field trip. And she came, no questions asked! It was really fun to see everything from up there. I got some good pictures of the construction. Wanna see them? I thought so.

A couple of weeks ago, Ashley and I grabbed some hamburgers at Five Guys Burgers and Fries and then went to the Nickelcade and played video games for 2 and a half hours. That's what we do. We felt like a couple of 16 year old boys. We are total nerds together. Friends like that are few and far between.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are right, a PIC is very important! I am in the market for a new one (work PIC is moving across the country, don't like to talk about it) or else I may have to just work when I'm at work instead of sneaking off to see High School Musical 3 . . . I cannot have that.

Tiffany said...

Ten thousand bonus points for using the word "tomfoolery" so seamlessly in a blog post.

Actually twelve thousand. It was that good.

lydia said...

Oh Vanessa, my girl, you are not alone in your Rock Band/GHWT love. now THAT would be a fun girls night out!

Speaking of, you're totally forgiven on the whole ticket thing. I wouldn't have bothered you so much if I didn't have two other people wanting it.

But seriously now, when, OH WHEN are we going to get together??

Natalie said...

confession: I am jealous of Ashley. I am glad you have each other. But I want to be your PIC. I am painfully aware that time and distance constraints limit my PIC ability. And this breaks my heart. Just so you know. I wish it was me.

Jenny said...

mmmm.... 5 guys is so very tasty! - I ate at the ORIGINAL last year in DC and drank 5 of the most delicious root beers I have ever had... sigh... when are you going to invite ME on one of your nicklecade outings? or the ZOO?