09 November 2008

You're Awful, I Love You

It's late and not only am I totally tanked on cold medicine, but I think I'm a teensy bit looney from some strong glue that I used in the Volvo yesterday to hold up some paneling under the glove box. The following post may or may not make sense. I thank you for your patience in advance.

First things first.....................I won Mindi's superfantastic giveaway! I can't possibly convey how excited I was and how much I adore the Cherella purse that was sent. The day I received it in the mail I emptied out my other purse and transferred the vast contents into my new beauty. I went to the grocery store and I got THREE compliments on it immediately. I kid you not. It's that stunning. See...................

Guess what else she sent with the purse................
A turkey to go with my toilet paper pumpkin! You can now see what size it is in relation to a toilet paper roll. Isn't that what you wanted to know? Isn't it a regal turkey, perched there all proud on top of a pumpkin half? That's a really good looking turkey there.

So thanks a billion, Mindi! I adore you and your blog of hilarious awesomeness! For VTS's next giveaway I'll rig it so that you win. And it'll be something awesome, like swim goggles or a V8 (not the engine, the juice).

Go check out her blog. You'll never regret that you did.

On Wednesday, I got a call from a new friend at work inviting me to the Ludo concert. If you've never heard of Ludo, you should go check them out. I wasn't too familiar with the band but accepted the invitation anyway because I wanted to get to know these people better. We had wicked fun time. I did see more men in skinny jeans than I ever have seen at one gathering before. Damn those skinny jeans. The bitterness that you detect in that statement probably stems from the fact that I will never, ever in my entire life look good in a pair of skinny jeans. It just won't happen.


The opening bands were really good also. The Graduate was first, followed by Eye Alaska, and then The Higher come on right before Ludo. Eye Alaska did a really great punk version of Kanye West's Love Lockdown. I enjoyed The Higher the most, even though the lead singer could've been mistaken for a 12 year old girl. I have a couple of their songs at the bottom of the playlist to the right that you can peruse at your leisure. Oh, and Ludo gave us Kazoos! I forgot how fun those were.

I have a new name for The Ex Boss. I'm going to refer to him as ODB from now on. ODB's birthday is right around this time (not sure on the exact date, but the event takes place right around when I started at the lab on Nov. 6th). I put LOG in the back of his truck on Friday with a single balloon tied around it. That's all. Just to acknowledge his birthday. But this guy won't give you a reaction at all. Nothing. Once I took his lab coat and traded it for a small size and sewed the larger size tag in it. He didn't even notice that his lab coat was 2 sizes too small. Another time I purchased a Hello Kitty calculator and switched it with his regular calculator (he has an unnatural preference to this one specific calculator). I even had it maintained and calibrated by the metrology department. I got no reaction. None.

It could be that I personally feel that I'm funnier than I actually am. That's probably it. But wait, I pulled the same stunts on others in my current section and they think it hilarious (I tend to recycle jokes). Oh well.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

That Mindi. . .she can change the world. I'm still mad you won, but, I get your jokes and humor, so its ok.

Mindi said...

i must say: you look friggin' WICKED AWESOME with that beauty slung over your shoulder.

men in skinny jeans = vomit burp

speaking OF men in skinny jeans, my bff's husband jared who dressed up as nick jonas for halloween BORROWED my skinny jeans. and wore them all night.

it put me right into a never-ending shame spiral.

Unknown said...

I love that your boss doesn't acknowledge your pranks!

Tiffany said...

Vanessa is blogging again! Hallelujah!

Rachel said...

Vanessa I love that purse! Hopefully you can come on Wednesday and I can see it. Hope you are feeling better, and everything is going good with you know what! Keep it up. If I encourage you, I kind of encourage myself. See you soon.

Brenna said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!! I love the calculator and lab coat pranks!!! And you know what, it makes it even funnier (to me, at least..) that he didn't respond. How could you not think that is funny?? Ooh, I can't stop laughing.