05 July 2008

All American Girl

I just witnessed the best fireworks of my entire existence. The Bees lit off fireworks after the game tonight and I wanted to cry because they were just that beautiful. Kidding, I didn't want to cry. Ok, maybe a tiny trickling tear when they lit the finale and set it to the Star Spangled Banner. I felt so grateful for what I was experiencing right then. I was sitting in a baseball stadium (one of my favorite past times) with some of my favorite friends, eating a delicious deli sandwich and enjoying an amazing display of fireworks. I love this country! I want to tell you how I feel about it but it's not something that I can adequately put into words. I have a huge sense of pride for The Land of the Free and humbly respect those that got us where we are today. I enjoy my freedoms and the way I live. I know that I take it for granted most of the time, but I grab onto reminders like tonight where I'm really aware of all that I have and my heart swells with gratitude. I truly am proud to be an American. Play ball!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thank you Vanessa! AMEN.