05 July 2008

I've Got To Lay Off The Diet Coke

I recieved the scare of a lifetime today. I was driving home from a farmers market and a Diet Coke can errupted in my car. It was the greatest Coke explosion in recorded history. Simply incredible. The black interior of my car can retain an ample amount of heat and that can was cooked! I hit a slight bump and it just went off. It sounded like a shotgun and I almost drove right off the road. It completely soaked me and the entire interior of the car. Soaked!


I sat there completely baffled for a few seconds and then just started cracking up. I couldn't wait to tell someone. Especially YOU!

4 comments:

The Picketts said...

That's the kind of story that makes you want to laugh AND cry at the same time! So, because I'm not really all that emotional at the moment, I'm ROLLING with laughter (sorry)! I hope you can get it cleaned up. If I were closer, I'd help ya!

Brenna said...

No Way! That would have scared the crap out of me and I think I WOULD have driven right off the road! I would have immediately jumped to the conclusion that the wetness of the coke was actually my blood from the gunshot wound. On another note, why on earth was your car so hot when you were in it?? If pop cans are exploding, what is the heat doing to you?

VTS said...

Schnak-Laugh away! It was hilarious. Luckily it was Diet and therefore not sticky!

Brenna-My initial thought was exactly that! But then quickly came to my senses.
I was selling at the farmers market for a few hours and my car was just sitting in the heat (it was 100 degrees today!). It exploded just a minute or two after I started driving. The heat is killer here right now. I need to move to Seattle for the more temperate weather.

Jenny said...

This is the funniest D.C. Story EVER !!- I hope you weren't driving!! - I would have wet myself, stopped breathing and hit a parked CAR if that happened to me! -- thank goodness it happened to YOU instead...