20 July 2008

Things Never Best Left Unsaid

Hey all! Did you miss me? That was kind of a big blogging break for me. I recently received some emails requesting my return to the blogging world. So I'm going to bring you up to speed on what's been happening.

1) I went to Flaming Gorge a week ago with a co-worker and her family. The break away from work was much needed and the trip was very relaxing. There's not too much to report about it. I mostly read on the beach or went boating. I did accidentally show her family my left breast after I did a cliff jump and was climbing back into the boat. My swimsuit just wasn't doing it's job of keeping it all contained. That will make a splendid memory for them to tell around the campfire in years to come.

2) I made it back in time for the fights on Saturday night. I made a mistake on the last post when I told you all that it was at the Salt Palace. It was actually at the South Towne Expo Center. Jeremy Horn's Fight Nights have typically been at the Salt Palace in the past so I made a false assumption.
Cam asked me in the gym yesterday when I was going to write about the fights. I guess I've been giving him some exposure with my blog posts. I'm glad this thing is mildly useful.
I didn't think that these fights were as exciting or good as ones that I've seen in the past. I felt that some of the fights were mismatched or that they weren't at a level of fighting to were it was a good show. I don't remember all too much of what happened because I just don't have good recall on things that are over a week old. I do remember that Cam is an incredible fighter and had the match from the very beginning. His opponent was Lance Gorman who fights out of Jeremy Horn's gym, Elite. Cam landed some perfectly placed leg kicks right away and you could tell that Lance was hurting from those. Lance answered back with a pretty good flying knee. Cam's defense looked tight and didn't get the full effect from it. From there Cam took him to the ground and just landed a ton of strikes. Right before the referee stopped the fight Cam was getting in some "Hulk smashes." Lance was on his stomach and Cam was sitting on top of him landing these double fisted hits to the side of Lance's head and to his body. The fight only lasted about 45 seconds and Cam won the fight by ref stoppage. And that's how he always wins. His fights seem to be short and sweet.
Steve "Razor" came out in his ninja costume and the crowd went wild. He had this black leather Spartan-like skirt on underneath. The guy is a circus clown. People like seeing him fight because he is such a show. He does what he wants and is very memorable because of it. He was up against Shane Brenner who also fights out of Jeremy Horn's gym. This fight didn't last long at all. I guess the story is that Shane recently had an injury and was fighting anyway. Steve got in some nice combinations and then Shane just went down on his own because of the injury. I think most of us were really disappointed about that. I really wanted to see where that fight would go. Well, I knew Steve would definitely take it but I wanted to see how it was done. I hope Steve takes another fight around here again.
Congratulations to Cam and Steve for getting their respective wins! I'm proud to be part of your team!

3) I knew that the time was coming close for my car to break down again. I blew off a date because I was invited to Ben G's (Absolute teammate) house for a BBQ and to watch the fights that were on TV that night. While I was there I got a call from a friend that was having car trouble and went to go help out in her situation. On my way I ended up over-heating, again. Last time it was just a hose that needed to be replaced. This time I think it's more serious and I don't think that I'm going to invest the money to get it repaired. So I guess the '92 Volvo just bit the dust. What a tragic occurrence. I loved that car. And I have no idea how to go about buying a new one. I've always relied on my dad for that sort of thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have more to blog about, but it's just going to have to wait until tomorrow. This heat is really draining my energy. My bed is screaming my name.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you going to have a formal service for the '92, or just put it out to pasture? -- Brandon and I have talked A LOT about getting a new car - my advice for you is to get a natural gas vehicle. There are several NG stations in SLC / throughout utah, however the VEHICLES are cheaper outside utah. -- Natural gas is .65 cents per gallon right now........ And Yes, you CAN be my niece, but I am kind of rough when people get whiny - in the meantime it is great to have you back!

Natalie said...

HI VANASSS! Lovely to see you again. According to your blog stalker map on the side bar, you've had one hit in Chile today, and 2 in Europe. Look who's an international star! ANywho- sorry about the Volvo. It's been a good ride, right? Is she going to her grave with or without leftover sticky diet coke explosion all over her insides? It could mess up her autopsy. I don't know what to tell you about bozo policeman. I get easily defensive when it comes to men not treating my girls right, and my automatic response every time is dump his sorry a$$. Not always the right solution, I realize, but it just feels right.

Brenna said...

So glad you're back! Sorry your bathing suit wasn't there for you when you needed it... You seem to provide a lot of very amusing camp fire stories. I can't believe your car has finally died!! I thought that thing would last forever! Ironic that you were on your way to help a friend with her car problems. Stupid Science Policeman. Why don't these guys realize what they've got???

The Picketts said...

Ok ness - you need to call me so you can fill me in on "Stupid Science Policeman!" I'm totally bummed that I missed your call a few weeks back. Ever since then, I've been waiting by my phone with baited breath! ok - so I'm not THAT pathetic...I'm just waiting by my phone!
Sorry to hear about your car!!! I wish MY car would die so I could get a new one...it's KILLING my bank account, so I'm forced to sit at home and read blogs all day....to which I say that I am SOOO glad you are back!
Missed you tons and hope to hear from you again soon! toodles!

Tiffany said...

ok...NESS...cha knows i loves u!! and i fink it is past due for a visit on over to my bungalo. otay? otay!! I had to comment on your sinewy arms....oohh lala....RAWR....u go girl!! HAWT HAWT HAWT!! :)

love the tiffer!!