08 July 2008

Get A Drink Of Water. It's Fight Time.

My favorite words:

"Get a drink of water. It's fight time!"

I look forward to those eight wonderful words. It's always said after we have drilled for a while. It's then time to put into action what we've been taught.

I worked with Pedro today. We worked on chokes from the mount. He was choking me out like I was robbing his mother. Man, it was awesome.

I want to let those of you that are interested to know that there is a Jeremy Horn Fight Night this Saturday, July 12th, at the Salt Palace at 7:00 pm. My friend, Camrann, is fighting in this show. He's a competitor and I see how he trains. He always trains as if he's fighting the next day. He always stays strong and focused. I can't wait to see him win this.
Steve Sharp is the main event. I love this guy. When I first met him I just thought he was a big knucklehead. But I was wrong, again. He's the nicest guy, has no ego and is so willing to help those that take their training seriously. He's one of the fiercest fighters that I've ever been around. He understands this stuff and explains it to others very well. He's been traveling alot to fight lately and hasn't fought in Utah in a while. You want to come see this. He's puts on a great show too. He comes out in a ninja outfit. Awesome. Here's clip of the "Razor."

I love the signature Razor gesture at the end. Hilarious.

I'm going to be out of town tomorrow through Saturday afternoon. I'll be back in time for the fights. So no new posts until Sunday at the least.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

Woo! Where are you headed? A wonderfully relaxing vacation, I hope!!

Natalie said...

Yeah Vanessa! Where did you go?

The Picketts said...

Where are you? I miss you so much!!!!