18 May 2008

I'm Telling Y'all It's A Sabotage!

I had to make some choices as where to spend my time last night. It's rough being this popular. If you were to ever rub a magical lamp or catch a magical fish, don't wish to be as popular as I am. It's tougher than you think. Anyway, I decided to go to a surprise birthday party for this guy at work. I've been invited many times before to hang out, but have always had to say no. I think that they started thinking that I was thinking that I was too good for them. I had to go this time.

What I didn't know when I arrived was that the best present to get this guy was a case of his favorite beer or a bottle of hard alcohol. I showed up with a nice book of crossword puzzles. You know, the expensive ones from Barnes & Noble. There were a few giggles/outright laughs for that one. But he likes crossword puzzles! I see him doing them all the time at lunch! I thought it was thoughtful! It was the only non-alcoholic present that he got. I sure hope he woke up this morning.

I'm really glad that I showed up because not too many people from work came. I did meet a ton of really cool people though. Later in the night, when everyone was good and plastered, we played Rock Band. HAHAHAHA! And this is where I come in. I sucked it up on the drums for a couple songs and then when I was booed off the stage I was politely told that maybe I should sing next. It takes quite a bit of prodding for me to do that type of thing. Finally I took the microphone and sang Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. For those of you not familiar with the song, I conveniently have it on my music playlist to the right of this post. I'm just going to toot my own horn on this and say that I rocked it. I'm pretty sure that I sounded just like Mike D. There was a ton of laughter from the onlookers. And I couldn't even use alcohol as an excuse. It was a flashback to the time that I sang Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen in front of some other co-workers. Why do I keep doing this to myself? No wonder nobody takes me seriously.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I had NO idea you are a Blogger!! AWESOME!! - Now I can keep up with your shenanigans! What have YOU been up to!? ! Things are GRREAT here - just workin, savin, and lovin married life! - Guess What!?!?! They just made me camp director in my new ward ! - LOL!!

Brenna said...

Ha ha ha! I haven't checked your blog in a while and what a way to start a Monday! You made my morning! I can't stop laughing!